Who needs vanilla when there is chocolate buttercream frosting to be enjoyed?
Well today is another colleagues birthday and I decided to revisit my cupcakes for this special occasion.
But this time with a twist!
Teri, my awesome number-wizz colleague, mentioned that she loves both vanilla and chocolate flavours, so I decided to make her some of my vanilla cupcakes, with this delicious chocolatey buttercream frosting!
And you could even flavour the buttercream with different flavours or toppings – coconut, mint, orange, or hazelnut, you name it, it would probably work!
It’s super simple, and very yummy, and I hope you agree!
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 100g unsalted butter (softened)
- 300g icing sugar
- 40g cocoa powder
- up to 40ml milk
- Beat the half the icing sugar, cocoa and softened butter until smooth.
- Add in the remaining icing sugar.
- Add in a splash of milk and mix until smooth.
- Continue to add splashes of milk until the buttercream is smooth, silky and glossy – you may not need all 40ml.
- Either use/pipe immediately, or leave to chill slightly in the fridge.